With the Presence of the First Vice President, First Phase of Bandar Abbas Desalination Project Was Exploited with BIM’s Facilities

Eshaq Jahangiri, the first vice president, inaugurated the first phase of 20,000 cubic meters desalination project with the capacity of 100,000 cubic meters which is funded by BIM on the second day of his trip to Hormozgan Province and visited its various sections.According to BIM’s Information Center, this desalination project is to produce part of the drinking water needed in Hormozgan Province.In this desalination factory, the water of Persian Gulf is desalinated through a process called reverse osmosis, one of the latest technologies in the world for water treatment.
Currently, 23 million cubic meters of drinking water of the province is supplied annually through desalination plants providing 22 percent of the water needs of Hormozgan Province and the remaining 78 percent is supplied through surface and subsoil resources. It is worth mentioning that in addition to this project, BIM has financed two other desalination plants in the province with a total capacity of 430,000 cubic meters and a credit worth 360 million euros. 

Publish Date: 2018 / 12 / 11